Fall and Winter @ Borrowed Time
Temps may still be in the 80's, but parking spots are left empty, and businesses are shortening their hours. Summer in Saugatuck is officially concluding, and we're feeling a little bittersweet about the whole thing. We're still processing our first summer season as business owners, and our hearts are so full of gratitude for everyone who made it a memorable success.
The sweet part is we have a lot of really exciting things planned this fall and into the holiday season!
- SEASONAL MENU CHANGES: We'll be updating our small plates menu with some warmer seasonal offerings in mid-October, so keep your eyes peeled for that change - think soups, crockpots, and lots of squash.
- OFF-SEASON HOURS: Effective 9/28, we will be closed on Wednesdays in the off-season.
- WEEKDAY SPECIALS:
- Mondays: Industry night! Local restaurant and retail workers enjoy 50% off from 4pm - 11pm.
- Tuesdays: Locals night! Show us your ID with a Saugatuck, Douglas, or Fennville address & receive 25% off your check from 4pm - 11pm.
- Thursdays: 1/2 off Bottles of Wine! Enjoy 50% off our constantly rotating wine list from 4pm - 11pm. Does not apply to carry-out bottles.
- 5-COURSE CHEF TASTING AND WINE PAIRING DINNERS WITH GOLDEN BROWN CO.
- Saturday, October 8, 6pm
- Friday, November 11, 6pm
We've teamed up with Chef Jay Mullins and his wife Becky Mullins of Golden Brown Co. Catering to bring you intimate food and wine pairing events throughout the year. With a focus on simple, local ingredients, each dish is consciously prepared and presented creatively. Dinners consist of several tasting courses meant to wake up the palette and please the soul.
"At Golden Brown Co., we create and maintain a harmonious relationship among food that is simple, real, and deliciously wholesome. We cook with intention and conscience! Together we can reconnect with the simple joys of good food." Jay & Becky Mullins
Guests can expect an intimate, cozy atmosphere and memorable wines with each course. We focus on showcasing unique wines, often pouring small production varietals, biodynamic and/or organic wines, and unique flavor profiles that create a lasting impression.
We will offer one seating at 6pm, complete with wine pairings at $65/pp, excluding tax and tip. We will announce a 2nd seating should the 1st fill up. Reservations are required as space is limited, please reserve online, call (269) 455-5256, or email email@example.com to reserve your spot!
- LET US HOST YOUR HOLIDAY EVENTS! We've held several successful events throughout the summer and would love to host your upcoming holiday parties. We have several food and beverage options ranging from simple small plates to seated dinners in a cozy, relaxed setting. Give us a call, email, or stop in for more info!
- DECEMBER CHARITY DRIVE: During the month of December, we will host a charity drive to support a local organization in true holiday spirit. Details on the organization and how to participate to come, but we'll kick the whole thing off at a Dec. 1st cocktail party in partnership with Golden Brown Co. Keep up with our events page and Facebook for more info!
- NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY: We will be hosting a special chef tasting event for New Year's Eve, we're still working out details and will send out a special newsletter soon with that information. As always, keep up with our events page and Facebook for the most up-to-date information.
As always, thanks for reading. We'll have more details on our holiday events soon and have a few other activities in the works, so please stay tuned and come visit us as the leaves begin to change!